Friday, April 20, 2012

Check out these amazing photograph by photographer Nicholas Samaras

I have always been intrigued by the ocean and off and on dreamt of studying oceanography and spending my life traveling doing research and going underwater... alas, that was not meant to be. I still am so drawn to water and I bet most people who look at me don't realize I am an excellent swimmer. Often times, during the summer, I will hang out at any pool I can find. My daughter thinks it's hilarious that I can almost kick anyones ass in a swimming race. I joke and say it's b/c I'm a beached whale. Har har. I think it's because in the water I actually feel free from my weight and the pain my knees endure on land.

Anyways... the vibrancy in these images and the feeling of calm I get from the water, the creatures in the photographs, the backgrounds and mysteriousness that some of the images have... I think part of what draws me in to ocean photography is I can just imagine being able to only see so much and wondering what's around the next reef, or beyond the light and in the darkness. Such an unknown world, really. So many possibilities and things to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment